Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Walk around Sevilla

Hello from Sevilla, everyone! I've been here a couple of days now, and this place is beautiful. Incredibly hot, though. Picture Africa—savannahs... swaths of desert... camels. Now look how far Sevilla is from Africa on a map. Oh wait, I've done it for you:

3 hours and 5 minutes away driving, including 35 km ferry ride.

The place is toasty. Especially when you walk everywhere. Which is all the time, because this is Spain, and though cars and buses have been invented, they generally don't do too well in cities that were planned for only foot traffic and the occasional donkey during Roman times. Moving on.

Speaking of walking, I went on an awesome walking tour my first day here. My guide was Daniele, a friendly Italian who showed all of the classic signs of being Italian:

Note the hands in this picture
And in this one


And in this one
Fun times. Here's a link to some information about the person he was talking about in these pictures: John Fulton. Pretty cool guy, eh?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Here's one last pic to sum things up here:

For scale, that weather vane is 23 feet tall. 
This building is over 800 years old.

Welcome to Sevilla.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trey !
    What a wonderful blog you have created !
    I think it shows the experience any American student would have studying in Seville for a semester. I hope everything is fine in the US!
    Your teacher,
    Frank
    Psychology of Learning a Second Language

    ReplyDelete